There is a comment box on the petition where you enter your thoughts on why renewing or replacing Britain's independent nuclear detterent (a.k.a. weapon of mass destruction) is a bad idea. These are mine:
- It was designed for a war that ended 20 year ago.
- Human civilisation would be at an end if we ever had to use it.
- It helps justify Iran's, North Korea's and who-knows-who's own WMD programmes.
- If we didn't already have one, we wouldn't remotely consider getting one.
- Too many of our smartest brains, strongest leaders and most skillful sailors are wasted working on it.
- We can't afford it any more.
- The world can't afford it any more.